Happy New Year! We hope that 2016 is your best year yet. This year, be sure your travel resolutions are to have more fun and make lifelong memories; maybe even in the Caribbean!
1.) Experience Something New
In 2016, resolve to expand your horizons! Visit new places, try new foods, and experience something new. How about learning a new sport? Learning a new sport can open a new world for you filed with new experiences, new people, new lingo (bet you don’t know what a tank banger is), and new things to look forward to.
At all of our Divi Resort destinations, we have water sports centers and recommended tour guides who make learning a new sport on the island a breeze. Here are a few highlights:
- Learn to Snorkel or Scuba at the award winning island of Bonaire.
- According to the 2016 Virtuoso Luxe Report, the top motivator for travel in 2016 is to “discover untouched, unique places”. As a hidden gem that has been voted “Best Shore Diving” 22 years running, Bonaire is a great fit for the traveller looking for an adventurous vacation to an untouched island. The newly renovated Divi Flamingo Beach Resort & Casino is a SSI and PADI 5-Star Dive Resort and the only location on Bonaire with:
- Hassle-free 2-tank boat dive packages
- Five custom dive boats
- Technical diving & all levels of dive instruction
- Unlimited tanks for shore diving
- Day and Nighttime diving
- Easy access for diving & snorkeling from the resort’s beach and dive pier
- House reef drops to 134 feet off the resort shore
If learning to dive or snorkel is on your bucket list – what are you waiting for? The Divi Dive team of certified instructors and the pristine waters are waiting for you in Bonaire.
- Harness the power of the wind! Windsurfing and kite surfing are extremely popular on Aruba, Bonaire, and St. Maarten. These islands are legendary among wind sport aficionados and feature ample conditions for beginners with flat, calm waters and steady winds.
- Catch a wave on Barbados! The island of Barbados is rarely touched by inclement weather and the island’s unique geography and landscape provide for year round crystal clear waves that surfers from around the world flock to. Beaches like Freight’s Bay, Surfers Point, and Pebbles are great spots to find beginner waves. Our island experts will get you paired up with a local surf instructor who will have you hanging 10 in no time.
- Go Deep Sea Fishing! Charter a boat and head out on an angling adventure. Follow your captain’s lead as he guides you in your hunt for big game fish like barracuda, tuna, wahoo, marlin, mahi mahi, and shark. Each of our resorts has great relationships with local charter companies, just let us know what kind of fishing experience you are looking for and we will start planning your ideal fishing experience.
2.) Fall in Love
While some say love hurts, some also say that love is the only thing in this world that doesn’t hurt. If you are looking for love in 2016, look no further than Divi Resorts:
- Reconnect with your loved one and indulge in a romance package. Romance packages at Divi Resorts include candlelit dinners, flickering bedside candles, petal-strewn beds, chilled bottles of champagne, and lavish couples massages. Relax, unwind and spend some quality time with the one you love, complete with plenty of pampering so that you can fall in love all over again. For more information about the different romance packages at Divi Resorts, click here.
- Love yourself! We have all heard the saying that we cannot love others if we cannot love ourselves – so treat yourself! On your upcoming trip to Divi Resorts, book that extravagant spa treatment, reserve that exuberant dining experience, and make that swanky room upgrade. You deserve it!
- Rekindle your love of nature. Soak in the Caribbean sun, burry your toes in the sand, and rejuvenate in the crystal clear waters with the lapping waves as your soundtrack. This trip, really take it all in and immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the Caribbean. Even more, explore the countless hiking opportunities and see the beauty of the island from a new vantage point.
3.) Spend More Time with Family
Everyone is busy these days, and oftentimes family time means driving from one sporting event to the other or back and forth from school to after-school activities. This year, resolve to take a family vacation to really connect and make lifelong memories. At Divi Resorts, our teen travelers love our freshwater pools, lighted tennis courts, video game rooms and bicycle rentals, while our younger island explorers enjoy hours of fun at the Treasures of the Caribbean Kids Club with daily activities like treasure hunts, sandcastle contests, and movie nights. Each resort also has a water sports center with snorkeling gear, rafts, kayaks and more to keep you having fun in the crystal clear waters.
Learn more information about the Treasures of the Caribbean Kids Club.
4.) Be More Prepared for Life’s Adventures
We all know the feeling of arriving at our destination only to discover you forgot something that could have made your day more enjoyable (i.e. a plastic bag for your phone for a day near the water). This year, resolve to always be prepared. In the age of (over) information sharing and a surplus of advice columns, do a quick Google search before you embark on your adventure to make sure you aren’t forgetting anything crucial.
For your upcoming Caribbean beach adventure to Divi Resorts, here are some helpful tips on how to prepare for the beach:
- Pack the perfect beach bag for relaxation! For a list of everything from sunscreen to hair accessories, click here to make sure you are prepared to relax.
- Love the beach but don’t love being a sandy mess? Pack a bottle of baby powder! When you are ready to brush the sand off, shake a handful of baby powder into your hands and rub it where you need to clean off. The baby powder absorbs any moisture that is on your skin and allows the sand to brush right off. This goes for your hair as well!
- Keep the kids entertained and your bag light. Now that you have everything packed for yourself, don’t overstuff it when you add a frisbee, sandcastle mold, and shovel to keep your kids entertained. Instead, pack a smaller bag full of lightweight toys for your kids to carry and be responsible for. They will love dumping it out and getting started before you can even say, “Wait, we have to put on sunscreen!”
Pro Tip – Find a mesh bag for your kid’s beach toys so that you can easily shake the sand off!
- Pack an efficient cooler and stay hydrated. While at the resort, put half of your water bottles in the freezer and half in the fridge. Take a frozen water bottle with you to the beach or by the pool so you can stay hydrated with cold water all day.
We can’t wait to see you in the Caribbean!